Sunday, April 3, 2011

Various Artists "Exploiting Plastic Inevitable: Lesson II" LP international 1960s/1970s

Full title: Exploiting Plastic Inevitable: Lesson II Globular Lightning

One of the great things about the internet is how people with similar interests in different parts of the world can become connected when otherwise they would never find each other.  That's the story with this album.

Shortly after posting the rare first volume of these two compilations, my post got some comments from one of the German fellows who put them together.  One thing led to another, and before I knew it I was proud owner of an untouched copy of one of only 700 of these follow-up compilations pressed back in 1996.  A couple of months ago I didn't even know this existed.

So Vielen Dank! to my German source.  The idea was that this was going to be the first time this rarity was posted by anyone, but as luck would have it the excellent blog Paradise of Garage Comps beat me to it by a few weeks.  Seeing the effort that went into getting this LP as far as it came, I'm going to plow ahead and post it again myself.  Two sources for something this scarce can't hurt.  (And yes, this is my vinyl rip... first time the album was played!)

Once again this album is composed of some fantastic garage and psych rarities from literally all over the world, spanning the mid-'60s through the early '70s.

Side 1

1 Les Problemes - Dodecaphonie (Puteaux, France)
2 Brains Ltd. - Change Your Life (Hamburg, Germany)
3 Adam's Boys - Get Away From Me (Athens, Greece)
4 Hide and Seek - Riven Street (Austria)
5 Los Vidrios Quebrados - Que Importa El Tiempo (Chile)
6 Rob De Neys - Bye Bye Mrs. Turple (Amsterdam, Holland)
7 John Wonderling - Man Of Straw (NY, U.S.A.)
8 The Nicols - She Has A Name To Find Out (The Hague, Holland)
9 Ganim's Asia Minors - Daddy Lolo (New York, NY, U.S.A.)


Side 2
1 The Rope Sect - Dae Du Dae (Villingen, Germany)
2 Tom Dae Turned On - I Shall Walk (Hartford, CT, U.S.A.)
3 Berry Clan & The Pollution - My Crock (Belgium)
4 Revolver - I'm Down (Israel)
5 Ram & Sel - Screw You (Sheffield, U.K.)
6 Illes - Nem Erdekel, Amit Monsz (Hungary)

Take a trip!

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, mate. Good to see that the thing arrived. I love to see the old covers on the screen. (I made this one together with Andrea Duwa) Good job. Congratulations, Lolly Pope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you again for getting me the vinyl - and for putting these compilations together in the first place! Obviously a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these comps, in fact I rate them among my very favourites and bought them as soon as they came out. It was mainly thanks to this volume that I developed a fascination for Hungary's ILLES...You're welcome to visit my blog for more of their stuff (make sure you get the updated files on mediafire, things were re-posted...)
    http://diveintoyesterday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I did visit your blog - thanks for all that Illes!

    ReplyDelete